SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. It involves many different activities that work together to help drive traffic to your website and also improve its position in search rankings. This is important, as the higher your ranking, the more visible your website will be.
How Does it Work?
Search engines use algorithms to respond to queries from people searching the internet. An algorithm is simply a computer program that looks for clues as to what the exact subject is that the user is looking for. There are three steps these algorithms go through when responding to a query:
- A web crawler, or internet bot, browses the web checking the content on pages it has visited before, looking for a match. It will also search for new pages that may be relevant.
- After finding pages, the search engine will decide if it will use the content discovered and add it to its index. It is then filed and stored in a database for later use.
- Finally, the content will be ranked. There are hundreds of signals used by search engines to sort and rank content. These all come under what is termed the three pillars of SEO. These are the fundamentals used to get optimized search results.
The Three Pillars of SEO
Our experts have the skills to ensure your brand, company, or website is found by the people who are searching for you. Effective use of SEO is assured by structuring your content to make full use of the three pillars of SEO:
- Technical SEO which has more to do with structure. We look at things like how easy it is to navigate, the security of your website, and other issues that are not related to the actual content.
- On-page SEO ensures that the content is relevant. Your content needs to be fresh and unique to rank highly. This can be achieved by well-researched and updated material.
- Off-page SEO is the activities that are external to your site and primarily involve backlinks. Informative and accurate backlinks add weight to the perceived authority of your website.
How Do You Create Effective SEO?
We have a good idea of what factors influence a search engine results page (SERP). When you are looking to produce effective SEO, there are a number of activities to consider.
- First and foremost, make sure you have relevant, high-quality content on your site. If you focus solely on making your article rich in phrases to rank highly in SEO it will appear spammy. Although it may initially rank, it will face the risk of being banned or penalized by search engines somewhat quickly.
- Build your high-quality articles around relevant keywords and phrases. These are terms that a search engine user is likely to use when looking for information regarding their particular query. Doing this will increase your chances of ranking higher on the search engine results page.
- Add relevant, informative backlinks to your content. Referencing high-quality sites will help search engines find your content.
SEO is a very complex challenge that can take up significant amounts of your valuable time. Vertex Visibility is a professional marketing agency that is well equipped to help your business with SEO requirements. Call us today – let us explain in a short phone call how we can help your business succeed.